Currently seeking a driven engineering student to join our manufacturing team. This position is designed to allow students the opportunity to learn and apply industrial/manufacturing engineering techniques in a manufacturing environment.
This is a part-time, hourly position based in Kalamazoo, MI and will be required to work onsite at our Kalamazoo facilities. Our ideal applicant would be interested in working full-time in the summer and up to 20hrs a week throughout the school year.
Students will gain experience in:
- Solid Works
- Tool design
- Plant Layout
- Time study
- Welding and fabrication
- Lean Manufacturing techniques
- Working with all levels and disciplines in a manufacturing environment
- Project Management
How You Contribute:
- Assist manufacturing engineers in developing standard work including work instructions and time studies.
- Develop skills with the use of Solid Works and apply to tool or process design.
- Become familiar with the use of lean manufacturing techniques.
- Assist manufacturing engineers with production projects including new equipment selection and purchase.
- Update plant layout as needed
- Participate in new product process development. This may require travel to suppliers for component qualifications
- Work with teams to solve or improve production processes.
Criteria for Success:
- Currently enrolled in an accredited institution working on completion of bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent
- Work experience in a manufacturing environment is an advantage.
Who We Are: Landscape Forms is the industry leader in integrated solutions of high-design site furniture and advanced LED lighting. For more than 50 years we have produced site furnishings that help designers and other clients achieve beautiful, functional environments that enhance the experience of outdoor space. Our secret is simple. Design, Culture and Craft drive everything we do.
Landscape Forms’ culture takes its roots from our company’s unique history. For over 50 years, we have shaped our values based on the Power of Design and a Belief in People.
We believe in the “Design of Everything” as artful problem solving – more than the design of our products, design is creative thinking and problem solving that takes place throughout the organization.
We believe that People (both individually and collectively) are the core to our company’s personality, our ability to be leaders in our industry and our personal feeling of belonging to something bigger - an organization we believe in and where we can do our best work.
We believe culture should embrace Innovation, Accountability, Trust, Inclusion, Pride, and Safety.