Data Science Intern
Located in Newark, DE.
- Job title
Data Science Intern
- Contract Type
- Publication date
World leader in gases, technologies and services for Industry and Health, Air Liquide is present in 80 countries with approximately 66,000 employees and serves more than 3,6 million customers and patients. Oxygen, nitrogen and hydrogen have been at the core of the company's activities since its creation in 1902. Air Liquide's ambition is to be the leader in its industry, delivering long-term performance and acting responsibly.
Entity and activity description
Air Liquide R&D centers, hosting a wide range of competencies, support the Group in achieving the highest level of excellence in the technologies it provides to its customers. The Delaware Innovation Campus (ICD) in Newark, DE provides innovation and technical support to Air Liquide's businesses and markets in the Americas and worldwide.
Our Delaware Innovation Campus, inaugurated in 2007, leads research and technology initiatives in 8 scientific and engineering disciplines. With researchers from 21 different countries, the Campus had the distinction of being named to the 2015 Philly Top Workplaces by the Philadelphia Inquirer and philly.com and cited in 2016 by the Delaware Business Times as one of "13 Cool Companies in Delaware." In 2017 we celebrated our 10th anniversary in Delaware and over 3,600 days without a recordable accident! In 2018 we celebrated 10 years of accident-free operations.
We are currently looking for an Intern in our Computational & Data Science team.
Your mission, in short
- Quantify impact of Renewables penetration on energy markets pricing dynamics in different geographies
- Deliver a suite of stochastic models that will help simulate future realistic scenarios of power output from renewable assets (solar, wind, storage, hybrid systems..) and different energy market prices.
- Identify the best combination of renewable technologies in different business configurations (power portfolio optimization)
- Running exploratory tests to identify valuable and innovative insights from data.
- Research and implement cutting-edge techniques in operational and data science to solve real business problems.
- Contribute to the various phases of data science product development (business needs identification, design, data modeling, testing, tuning, deployment and monitoring) and potentially deliver your own PoCs ('Proof of Concept').
- Answer important business questions, by applying appropriate Data Science, Risk Quantification and Operations Research methods.
- Synthesize and apply relevant insights from the academic literature on Operations Research to Facebook's products
- Work both independently and collaboratively with Air Liquide Research scientists, engineers, energy experts and managers to accomplish complex tasks that deliver demonstrable value to the Group
- Interact with Air Liquide's Research Scientists and Energy Managers & Experts across geographies (mainly Europe and North America)
- Master's, or doctoral student in computer science, mathematics, statistics, operational research or a related field
- You have an interest for answering challenging, open-ended research questions with real-world impact
- Experience with empirical research and for answering questions with data
- Experience manipulating, analyzing data
- Experience communicating quantitative analysis
- Good knowledge of Python, and experience with general-purpose programming languages (a strong experience with libraries such as Pandas, Numpy, Scipy, Scikit-learn, Stats models or OR-Tools will be a great advantage).
- You are experienced in operational research (notably optimization formulation and programming)
- You are recognized by your analytical and problem-solving skills.
- You are eager to learn everyday.
- You are passionate about energy transition, energy markets and cleantech
- You are familiar with git and code repositories such as GitHub and GitLab.
- You are familiar with any of the major cloud providers: Azure, AWS, Google.