Make banking a Fifth Third better
We connect great people to great opportunities. Are you ready to take the next step? Discover a career in banking at Fifth Third Bank.
Fifth Third Bank's project-based 10-week Commercial and Credit Internship Program gives college students the opportunity to participate in a hands-on program supporting the Cincinnati, Chicago or Charlotte markets. This is a paid professional development opportunity where you'll learn Fifth Third Bank's business practices, operations, and procedures, and build skills you need to assume a permanent role at a commercial banking institution. Housing assistance is available to eligible interns.
You will be responsible and accountable for risk, encouraged to openly exchange ideas and opinions, elevate concerns, and follow policies and procedures to safeguard the company. Doing the right thing for customers and colleagues is key; you'll ensure their actions and behaviors drive a positive customer experience, achieving real results by consistently identifying, assessing, managing, monitoring, and reporting risks of all types.
The Commercial and Credit Internship program is designed to give college graduates real-world experience in a professional setting. Through guided and self-directed learning and training activities, this program gives participants exposure to professional development, critical skill building, and helps them prepare for a career in financial services.
This internship helps college students gain meaningful work experience and targeted educational opportunities to develop as future organizational leaders and get exposure to multiple business areas. Gain on-the-job skills and an understanding of the real-life work environment, while developing a professional network that includes some of the best talent in the industry.
WHAT YOU'll DO
Participants will have exposure to credit and sales rotations and get hands-on training from industry leaders, developing skills in analyzing client financial statements, assessing risk, financial modeling and underwriting, and developing key critical thinking skills you'll need in a career driving economic growth. Get meaningful work experience and targeted educational opportunities to develop future organizational leaders.
You'll work on projects for Fifth Third Bank, receiving feedback and an evaluation based on accuracy, completeness, and through meeting applicable deadlines. You'll also have an opportunity to receive mentoring from industry professionals, have exposure to executive leadership and participate in social and networking activities. At the conclusion of the internship, you'll present your overall experience to the senior leadership team, including key concepts learned and an overview of each project.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Gain an understanding of the underwriting process with oversight
* Assess credit risk using financial statement, cash flow, industry, collateral, guarantor, and loan structure analyses
* Update financial covenants as needed
* Run Probability of Default (PD) model with oversight
* Partner with portfolio managers to support the daily underwriting and credit monitoring duties while performing analytical tasks as needed
* Understand and evaluate completed spreads to determine necessary edits
* Identify and recommend preliminary portfolio management actions using credit service reporting and RADAR with oversight
* Create client presentation materials using PowerPoint, Excel, Word
* Use Dealpoint Profitability Analyzer to assess the client relationship and determine RAROC value.
* Assist in identifying and qualifying prospects with relationship manager
* Partner with relationship managers to perform projects or analytical tasks as needed
* Draft initial deal screen / opportunity memos.
* Build an extensive network of contacts within commercial and supporting divisions.
Attend formal training classes, complete assigned eLearning courses and participate in extensive self-learning.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS REQUIRED:
Fifth Third Bank, National Association is proud to have an engaged and inclusive culture and to promote and ensure equal employment opportunity in all employment decisions regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military status, veteran status or any other legally protected status.